Rimmel Volume Flash Scandal Eyes Mascara Review

15 January 2012



Hi everyone. I'm really sorry it has been so long since I updated this blog. But I'm back now with quite a number of reviews. Starting with a review of Rimmel's Volume Flash Scandal Eyes Mascara.



Packaging

One of the factors that drew me to this mascara was its crazy, chunky, fat orange tube. I love how bright it is and I love how fat the tube is! Lol! In all seriousness the packaging is great and functions well.


How Much Is It?

Depending on where you purchase this (I got mine on sale) will depend on the price. You can purchase it at Superdrug's website currently for only £4.99 go here. Generally it is £6.99 and can be found in most drugstores.


What Does It Do?

This mascara promises to volumise every lash to a 'scandalous' extent (see what I did thar?!) with no clumps.



Scent?

To be honest I never really noticed any overwhelming scent on this. However, if you smell it, it doesn't smell pleasant. But as I said, I never noticed this when using it so I did not feel it was strong enough to be bothersome.


Formula And Performance

Initially the formula on this mascara is very wet and this can make it difficult to work with. I have been using this mascara for over 2 months now to get to know it well and when I first used it I felt as though the formula was too wet for me to be able to use it. I was disappointed because I had such high hopes for it.


It left my lashes stuck together really badly (which I had to fix with a lash comb) but it gave them great volume and length at the same time. I decided to persist with it to see if the formula would dry up a little and make using this mascara easier. Sure enough I was right, the formula did dry up a little after a number of uses and eventually I found I was able to use this mascara without it causing my lashes to stick together so badly.


The wetness of the formula means that despite its claims, this mascara does clump. You will most likely find that you need a lash comb to comb through your lashes after using this the first few times. That, I feel, defeats the purpose of a mascara that claims 'no clumps' on its packaging and advertising.

HOWEVER, the brush is as fat as the packaging itself, allowing it to create some wonderful volume and length at the same time. My lashes are very long and dramatic after using this. I actually grew to really love this mascara once the formula became slightly dryer. If you like your lashes subtle, don't get this, it offers some serious drama to the eyes.

I like my eyeliners and mascaras the deepest black I can possibly find and the colour of the formula itself is very deep black, which I absolutely LOVED.


I have received compliments whilst wearing this because it makes my lashes THAT long and volumised. So to me, that is enough of a bonus to make me forgiving toward the wetness of the formula.






Repurchase?

I think I will, depending on what other types of volumising mascara I find along the way but this is definitely a good one and if you can get over the initial difficulties with the formula I feel you'll likely love the great volumising/lengthening properties of this.




Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.