Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadows Review

21 April 2012


Ever since I heard about these eyeshadows by Maybelline I was very eager to try them. 

So when they finally came out in the U.K I decided to pick some up. Here are my thoughts on these eyeshadows!


How Much Are They? Where Can I Buy Them?

You can buy them at almost any drugstore.

I got them 3 for 2 at Boots for £4.99 each. They are generally around the £4.99 price range.



What Are They?

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo Eyeshadows claim to be a combination of Cream and Gel eyeshadows with exceptional lasting power. (24 hours)







Do They Have A Scent?

Yes. I am unfortunately useless at describing scents so I couldn't tell you exactly what they smell like but personally I did not find the scent to be strong or bothersome at all.


Shades




Endless Purple







 Swatch Of Endless Purple



Review Of Endless Purple

Sadly this shade is a complete let down. The pigmentation (colour pay off) of this is not only weaker than the other shades but the formula is also very difficult to work with. It is very difficult to blend and applies unevenly and patchy regardless of what type of application you use (I used various synthetic brushes, a sponge tip applicator and my fingers. I also used various methods of application - sweeping, dabbing, etc - nothing worked, it still came out uneven and patchy). I also attempted to use this underneath several eyeshadows but it produced the same poor result each time, even making my eye shadows look terrible!

Even a good eye primer underneath couldn't salvage this one. Very disappointing because the colour itself inside the pot looks so promising, but sadly, this didn't work out for me at all.

Because I got this product free I was not too concerned about returning it for a refund. However, had I paid for it, I would be contacting Maybelline with a complaint.


Turquoise Forever




Swatch Of Turquoise Forever




Review Of Turquoise Forever

Unlike Endless Purple, Turquoise Forever is brimming with gorgeous pigment! This is an almost iridescent turquoise colour, very vibrant, pigmented and blends beautifully. Whatever method you use, whatever tool you use, you'll get the same gorgeous result. This works beautifully as an eyeshadow colour as well as an eyeliner. You can see me wearing this as an eyeliner on my Facebook Make Up Page.

The colour itself is slightly buildable. It is a very vibrant colour on its own so even the first application will stand out well.

The texture of the product is smooth and creamy. Definitely has more of a gel-like consistency than a cream.

Stayed on extremely well without an eye primer underneath it when I wore it as an eyeliner. I wore it for my birthday as an eyeliner and it stayed on for the entire night. The colour remained vibrant. Stayed on very well with an eye primer when worn as an eye shadow. I have not tried this on its own as an eye shadow without an eye primer as yet but I imagine it would still fare very well.



Permanent Taupe






Swatch Of Permanent Taupe






Review Of Permanent Taupe

Permanent Taupe is as pigmented as Turquoise Forever. Thankfully Endless Purple's poor performance is certainly not a reflection on the entire shade range of these eyeshadows. Permanent Taupe is as it states - a taupe colour. It is a buildable colour with a little depth to it without being too dark which means you can deepen the colour conveniently as much or as little as you'd like.

Like Turquoise Forever, this blends wonderfully regardless of the type of tool or method that you use. Thankfully this is again, a stark contrast from Endless Purple.

The formula almost mimicks that of Turquoise Forever upon application, only I feel it is slightly smoother again. I feel it glides more so like a cream than a gel. Regardless, the formula applies and performs wonderfully.

I have worn this as en eye shadow with an eye primer and found it lasted well over 9 hours.





Hope you enjoyed this review and found this helpful in some way!

1 comment

  1. YES! I bought the purple one and it's awful, and the internet is full of people saying that the range is fabulous! Glad it's not just me going mad. Going to put it in the bin I think.Thanks for the helpful review!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.