❤ F.O.T.D (Face Of The Day) ❤

10 August 2013


Today's eye make up is a striking cat eye with a colourful gradient along the lower lash line. 

Note: Yes, I am wearing a different top in the second photo. This is because I changed to go out just after I started to take photos of today's make up. :)













To begin I applied my MUA Eye Primer. Using a base under eye make is something I HIGHLY recommend. It stops your eye make up slipping and smearing, makes it last longer and allows for a more even application.


Next I applied Moonshine (the white shade) from the Sleek Primer Palette to give my eye shadow something extra to adhere to. A creme base will really enhance the colour of your eye shadow.



With an eye shadow brush I patted on Look Beauty Mono Shadow in Cotton all over my lid.



I then created a very thick and striking cat eye with my Seventeen Back Lash Gel Eyeliner.




I ran NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Milk along my lower lash line and gently smudged it out to create an adhesive base for the eye shadow I was going to apply over the top.




I then applied my Vivo Mono Shadow in Slate along the outer third of my lower lash line, creating a gradient with MUA'S Mono Shadow in Shade 9.





I completed my eye make up with a few coats of Seventeen's Back Lash Mascara. As usual I always apply my coats of mascara whilst the lashes are still wet to prevent 'spidery' looking lashes.



To create a natural highlight on my face I applied the centre shade from the MUA Concealer Kit over the tops of my cheek bones and on to my temples.  You can see my review of this concealer kit right here: MUA Pro Base Concealer Kit Review

 



To cover the slight darkness under my eyes I blended Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer in shade 10 underneath my eyes. I also have a review of this product which you can read here: Maybelline Fit Me Concealers Review





For my base I blended Maybelline's Fit Me Anti-Shine Stick Foundation over my face using clean fingers.





I blended the centre shade from the Sleek Blush By 3 Palette in Pink Sprint over the tops of my cheek bones, fading the colour slightly into the apples of my cheeks.





I completed my make up with my BeautyUK Lipstick in Snob.




Keep an eye out for reviews of some of the products I used today coming up very soon!


Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.