Sleek Brow Kit Review (Light)

16 February 2012


After hearing the hype about this product practically EVERYWHERE, I had to try it for myself. It is said to be a good, cheap duplicate for Benefit's 'Brow Zings', but personally I have never tried that particular brow product so could not offer a comparison or opinion on it.

I can however offer you a review on this cheaper alternative.

I have many photos with me wearing this on my Facebook Make Up Page right here if you'd like to take a look:


Bluesparks24


What Is It?

In a compact, smart little 4g compact box you get a brow powder, a brow wax and three small tools which include a slanted brow brush, a dome shaped powder brush and a pair of mini tweezers. There is also a handy mirror inside to use on the go. The pakaging is impressively sturdy, I can't tell you how many times I drop my cosmetic products (I'm clumsy, okay?) and this has survived many a fall on a hard wooden floor with not so much as a dent to show for it. It has also been travelling with me many times and never come loose or broken.


(I got the Sleek Brow Kit in 'Light' which is featured below)












How Do I Use It?

Simple! The brow wax is used to set the brows in place as well as fill in any sparse areas. You can then use the shadow to further fill/set your brows and the wax in place if you so wish.


What Shades Are Available?

This comes in two shades. 'Light' and 'Dark'.
 






How Much Is It?

£7.99 but the price can vary. I would definitely recommend taking a look in Superdrug for this as they may carry it cheaper.

What Is The Formula Like?

The wax is very smooth and blends easily. I use the slanted brush that comes with this kit to apply it. The quality of the brushes that come with this kit is very good. The tweezers are okay, I actually hated them at first but I used them a few times since and they seemed to work much better for me. I would not reach for them above my usual tweezers, however. They're more ideal for emergency situations (if you forget your regular tweezers or for travel).

The brow powder is nice, not overly 'powdery' and it stays put well. It too blends nicely over the brows.

If I am going to be extremely picky about this I would say the only issue I had with it was that the formulas only came in two shades. And even though this was 'Light', I would have liked the wax to have been just a little bit darker as it's a smidge too light for me. (The other shade, 'Dark', that this comes in was far too dark for me sadly.) It's not bad enough for me to not be able to use it however :)


What Is The Lasting Power Like?

I have dry skin so keep in mind that I can only speak for myself on how this fared on my own complexion. But it's brilliant. This stays put ALL day until I am ready to remove my make up. It has even survived my intense gym workouts which is great!

Verdict?

LoveLoveLovetyLoveLove :D This is now an absolute staple in my make up bag!


1 comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.