Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation Review

18 March 2012



What Is It?

Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' Liquid foundation with SPF 15.





How Much Is It?

The price of this will vary depending on where you purchase it. It's normally around the £8.99 mark but I got mine on offer for £6.99.


Does It Have A Scent?

As with all makeup, this has a slight scent to it. I am no good at describing scents but to me, this has a subtle fresh scent to it which is actually quite pleasant.


What Is The Packaging Like?

This comes in a glass bottle with a pump and you get 30ml or 1 fl oz. I had no problems with the functionality of the pump and I liked how sturdy the glass bottle was.










What Is The Coverage Like?

I have the shade 'Ivory' or '100'.

The coverage is around light to medium, depending on how much you build it up. Because this foundation is buildable in that respect it means it's pretty versatile. For those who prefer a light finish, one layer will provide that. For those who desire medium coverage (like myself) just add another layer. The beauty of this foundation is it isn't too thick or heavy, so even 'building' it does not make it look cakey or feel 'mask-like'. It feels fresh and light on the face which I personally really like.


The biggest claim on this foundation is that it offers a radiant 'glow' effect on the skin. It also states that it has an 'anti fatigue' and 'anti aging' effect with moisturising properties.

Swatch of the foundation (blended out) below:





It certainly gave my complexion a boost, my skin looked instantly brighter after applying it. However, I didn't feel as though it made my skin 'glow', I felt the finish was matte as opposed to dewy (glowing). That was a little disappointing.

But, despite that, I did notice that my skin had a dewy finish to it hours after wearing this. (I know this was down to the foundation because my skin is not naturally oily). The other factor I noticed was how this oxidised on my skin. (Oxidisation means that once the foundation - or any other type of make up- has reacted with environmental factors and your skin, it changes colour) It definitely oxidises after a little while on the skin, leaving an ever so slightly darker finish. This is by no means a drastic colour change, it is barely noticeable but I feel it is worth mentioning for those who like to know about the oxidisation properties of a foundation.

I also expected my skin to feel softer since the foundation claims to have moisturising properties. In all honesty, I noticed barely any difference in this respect.


What Is The Lasting Power Like?

Pretty good. I tested this out in multiple ways from wearing it around the house to going to the gym with it on. Obviously it lasted longer when I wore it just around the house but it definitely stood up to my workouts fairly well too.

Application

You can apply this in the same way as you would any liquid foundation - using a sponge, foundation brush or your fingers. Personally I found that using my fingers was the best method for applying this foundation for me personally. This method gave me the best finish and coverage.


Repurchase?

Maybe. When a foundation claims to give a 'radiant' finish, I expect it to give me just that. Granted, this gave my skin a brighter appearance but it didn't give me the 'glowy' finish I was hoping for. (At least not right away, I would have preferred the dewiness to have been more prominent after initial application) This is a really nice foundation in all other respects and I like that it has some skin caring properties but I feel it could have done so much better on the radiance factor.


Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.