❤ F.O.T.D (Face Of The Day) ❤

9 August 2013


Today's make up pumps up the drama.  Intense black that fades into a smokey grey. 












I began by applying eye primer. Eye primer is absolutely SO essential to me. I think I would actually refuse to wear eye make up without it because it really is THAT useful. It prevents your eye make up from fading, smearing, creasing and allows for easier, more even application. It's brilliant stuff and I can not live without it. This one in particular - MUA Eye Primer - is SO cheap and works brilliantly!



With a clean finger I blended Seventeen's Back Lash gel eyeliner directly from the root of my upper lashes to the lid. I applied the majority of the colour into the lash line and faded (smudged) upwards towards the crease.

 




To intensify and set the Seventeen Back Lash gel eyeliner I applied Urban Decay's 'Blackout' from the NAKED 2 Palette over the top. I mixed the Seventeen eyeliner and 'Blackout' from the Urban Decay NAKED 2 Palette and blended along the lower lash line.


 

Using a fluffy eye blending brush I blended Maybelline's Colour Tattoo eye shadow in Immortal Charcoal into the outer half of my crease. Using a fluffy blending brush with creme products allows for a much lighter application and produces a much softer result than using a finger or synthetic brush.



To create a smokey effect I blended L'Oreal's Infallible Eyeshadow in Sultry Smoke over the lower lash line.




I completed my eye make up with a few layers of Seventeen's Back Lash mascara. I always layer my mascara whilst it's wet as it prevents 'spidery' or clumpy looking lashes.



Today's base was a new foundation I bought recently and today is actually the first time I tried it out. I blended Maybelline's new Fit Me stick foundation evenly over my face using clean fingers. Keep a look out for a review of this foundation coming soon!



I completed my face make up with the centre shade of Sleek's Blush By 3 palette in Pink Sprint over the apples of my cheeks. I can not tell you how much I adore this blush palette and this shade of blush in particular. 






To finish I applied BeautyUK's Lipstick in Chelsea to my lips, using a clean finger the blot the colour. 




That completes today's F.O.T.D!

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.