Mini Superdrug Make Up Haul

5 September 2013


For the past year I have been actively using up my many foundations because I simply had too many and I felt it was a little absurd to have so many foundations for myself. Foundations have a shelf life and if they are liquid or creme formulas (95% of mine were/are) they can and do go off much faster than powdered products. When I began creating my make up collection I was a little unwise and didn't take this into consideration. To avoid wasting products I have been using my liquid and creme products up quickly! 

As a general tip be sure not to use liquid or creme products after about 6 to 8 months (water based products can last up to a year in some cases) or you might find it causes a nasty skin infection. (My products were okay to use, thankfully.) Eep! I used up a huge portion of my collection and now am beginning to replace my every day foundations. I prefer drugstore foundations for every day use so to Superdrug I did go!

I have tried many MAX Factor foundations over time and happily I found I have always really liked them. So when I noticed that they had released this foundation I was extremely curious to try it. I have been waiting for the Revlon Whipped Foundation to be released over here but I have yet to see it and I'm not sure when Revlon intend on releasing it in the U.K. That was the main whipped foundation I was interested to try but when I saw this one, given my past experience with Max Factor Foundations, I knew immediately I really wanted to try it. Whipped Foundations definitely had/have me curious. It has been quite some time since I saw them in stores last and I am very pleased they are starting to reappear.

I swatched this foundation in store and I loved the texture and how smoothly it seemed to blend. So I bought it. I have used this a few times and intend to use it for a good couple of weeks, then you can expect to see a review on it right here :) If you'd like to know when it's up, I have a twitter account where I post updates right here https://twitter.com/pinksparklestar


The shade I purchased was Light Ivory:







I have also been completely into bronze eye shadows lately. I think bronze eye shadows are such a perfect colour for Autumn (though I don't think any colour eyeshadow should be season exclusive...wear any colour at any time of the year! But all the same, it's still a nice shade for this season). It has taken me some time to find extra love for this particular shade and I'm now realising what I was missing out on!

I spotted this MUA Merged Trio and I thought the colours were absolutely gorgeous, particularly the bronze shade. The deep purple looks stunning too. I can not wait to wear these eye shadows!











































That's everything I bought. Expect to see these featured in my future Face Of The Day looks and I'll be reviewing them too!

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.