❤ F.O.T.D (Face Of The Day) ❤

5 September 2013



Today's make up is a little 50s inspired. Neutral eye shadow with a slim flicked wing along the eyes combined with a natural flushed cheek and powerful red lips.




To ensure easier application and keep my eye make up lasting longer I used my Urban Decay Primer Potion. Ordinarily I don't use this particular primer for every day use, I prefer to use my MUA Primer (I like to keep my more expensive primer for special occasions). But I couldn't find my MUA Primer and was in a rush!
 


Next I applied my NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk over the lids as a creme base to enhance the vibrancy of my eye shadow.



Vanilla from the Urban Decay NAKED Palette (first shade from the left) is a fantastic neutral eye shadow. I used this shade to neutralise my lid colour and brighten my eyes. I then blended the shade Naked (third shade from the left) into the lower lash line to create subtle definition.



Eyeliner pens make creating wings with different weights (thickness) extremely easy. I drew a slim line along the upper lids and gently flicked it out.






To frame my face I filled in my brows with MUA Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette. Dark, strong brows definitely accentuate this type of look.



To complete my eye make up I applied Seventeen's Doll'd Up Mascara in Black/Brown. This mascara has a curved wand with extra fine bristles that create strong definition and fan your lashes outward, giving you amazingly long lashes and a more wide eyed appearance.  I.Love.It.



For my base I used Max Factor's Whipped Creme Foundation.




To add a natural looking flush of colour to my cheeks I applied Accessorize Baked Blush in Starlett to the apples of my cheeks and blended well to soften.





Finally I applied Beauty UK's lipstick in Vampire, a gorgeous deep bold red colour, to my lips.







 And here's the completed look! :)
 




Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.