Review: Essence Rock N Doll Mascara AND Long Lasting Eye Pencil

20 February 2017


My eye make up tends to involve copious amounts of mascara and thick winged eyeliner. Being someone who goes through each of these things as much as I do, I'm always on the hunt for the best ones as possible at the smallest price. Or else it all gets a bit, err, pricey.

For the most part, I've always preferred drugstore mascaras and eyeliners. Mascaras especially, I feel, are amazing from many drugstore brands nowadays. There's no shame in the game of buying high end make up but for me personally, spending so much money on something I'll be wiping off at the end of the day and will need to replace so frequently just doesn't make sense.

That doesn't mean I don't want or can not find products that perform well and look great. Having used Essence make up for quite some time, I was already familiar with their I Love Extreme mascara (loved that one for the record) but had never tried out any others or their eyeliners.

I'd had my eye on their Rock N Doll Crazy XXXL (there is also a Volume and Eye-Opening version of this) mascara for a little while but never really got around to buying it until now. Whilst I was there, I grabbed the Long Lasting eyeliner. Both cost me under £5. I'm not kidding.







Firstly, a moment to appreciate the adorable polka-dot design of this mascara packaging. Love it.

The price was delightful. Only £2.80. Did I literally just pay £2.80 for this beauty? I totally did.


The fibres on the brush are varied in length which helps them whisk through lashes to build intense length and volume. And that's what this mascara does.






It stays on great. No flakes, no smudges and my lashes didn't feel too stiff even after a few coats. It can clump very slightly due to its wetter formula but the brush makes any mishaps easy to rectify and it isn't so wet that it causes all your lashes to cling together.







The Lasting Eyeliner in Black Fever surprised me the most out of this pairing. I've used Urban Decay's Zero and Perversion glide on liners which have always been firm favourites of mine and never expected to find a pencil or pencil style liner that worked as well as those.


But this does. It's a twist up liner which I appreciate more than traditional pencils. It glides on easily, it's pigmented (important for me in an eyeliner) and when it dries, it sets firmly in place and doesn't budge. I've worn this all day long and it's barely worn off by the end of it.







Best part? It's £1.50. Yass.









*Not sponsored!

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.