Review: Revolution Pro Make Up Full Coverage Camouflage Foundation And Concealer

22 April 2018




Revolution Pro is Make Up Revolution's sleek new affordable line with high quality products that's great for make up professionals and beauty junkies alike.

The products in this line looked SO good. I spent weeks eye-balling everything over Instagram trying to decide what I wanted to get my hands on...



First in mind was their full coverage foundation and concealer. Now, I am hesitant about drugstore base products since most of them have been such a fail for me in the past. Ones I have fallen in love with ended up discontinued. Typical. Plus, finding my shade is always a bit complex because I'm not quite super pale but I'm still fair skinned enough that most medium tones turn me into an orange. Mmm citrussy.

After swatching the testers it seemed the lightest shades of both appeared suitable enough.



I opted for shade C1 in the concealer and its foundation counterpart in F1.

The concealer's thick consistency means a little goes a long way. It blends out into a wonderful matte, full coverage finish.  Work fairly quickly with it though because it dries down fast and can be difficult to blend if left to sit on the skin too long. I really like this concealer, it brightens and sits beautifully on the skin with awesome lasting power. This one I will definitely repurchase!


The foundation's high coverage and matte finish give it almost identical results to the concealer. Be mindful of its thick consistency and avoid over application or else you could end up with a cakey, hard to blend mess. I found I couldn't wear this without a primer or a setting powder as it separated on my skin and looked shiny within a few hours when I tried to do without either. Using both still left me with visible shine after around 8 hours of wear.

The transfer was also a little intense for me. I couldn't touch my face without feeling the foundation 'move' (even when set with powder and setting spray) and seeing it on my fingers if I touched my face in some way, something I didn't care for at all. Even my phone screen ended up a seriously smudgy mess after making calls which wasn't pleasant.

Though it comes in tube packaging, the mess this created via the product 'leaking' (I wipe down my foundations before replacing the caps every single time I use them) into the cap was a little unbearable.

I loved the coverage and lasting power (of what remained on my face that didn't transfer!) but unfortunately, because of how difficult I found this product to work with, I don't think I'll repurchase.




Have you tried the Revolution Pro foundation and concealers? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.