Review: FLO Period Products (Organic Cruelty-Free Biodegradable Sanitary Pads And Tampons)

4 November 2019


*shuffles to the blog  AFTER OVER AN ENTIRE YEAR*

HELLO spookyful creatures!

Time for fresh new content for your eyeballs. This post will discuss menstruation in great detail. ENJOY.
 



I have periods. I use sanitary pads and on occasion, tampons. Neither are good for the environment. They take forever to biodegrade which means our oceans and landfills take the hit.

Not something I have felt okay with for a long time but until now I had no other choices. I'm unable to use menstrual cups and nowhere around me sold biodegradable pads or tampons. (Reusable cloth pads are definitely an option for me for the future but not right away.)

When I saw Flo's products for the first time in Boots I felt like my prayers had been answered. Great timing too because my period was due any time and I actually needed pads and tampons.


  Biodegradable

  Plant based

  Cruelty-free
 
  Organic
 
Zero plastic in the applicators, wrappers and boxes

5% of profits from each pack sold go towards helping girls and women suffering period poverty

Unfortunately, my heart dropped seeing the price. At Boots online (as of this current time, obviously prices may vary depending on where you are and if they have promotions), you get 15 pads (5 night and 10 daytime) for £2.99 or 14 tampons (8 regular, 6 super) for £3.79 applicator and £3.29 non applicator). They aren't cheap. I got them on promotion which made my total come to just over £5 for both which is far more reasonable but once they're off promotion I just don't see me being able to buy them.

You can order them from their website https://www.hereweflo.co with free UK delivery (and have them delivered monthly or as a one off) but that will still set you back a fairly steep price even excluding delivery.

I have PCOS and heavy periods that do not follow a pattern. My flow varies month to month. To have a pack split up into day and night isn't suitable for me. I knew this purchasing them BUT HEAR ME OUT! I got them because I loved the idea of environmentally friendly pads/tampons that help out women and girls in need. The appeal was there for the product, the packaging, everything. I just wish they came at a more reasonable price or at least in say, 15 day, 15 night packs etc instead (so I could justify the price and have a more suitable product) for different flows. I can't guess how many pads for day or night I will need each month because my period flow varies from month to month. It would be even better if you could build your own box for delivery. (As far as I know, this isn't something they currently offer.)



Now, are they even worth the money? The pads and tampons are both super soft and really comfortable. They each have really nice absorbency too but they struggled to keep up with my very heavy flow. Again, something I pretty much knew buying them. For a regular or medium flow, they'll be fantastic. If you have anything heavier, I wouldn't recommend them. Hence why I hope they will consider making packs for different flows in future.

If you can afford the price, your period is light-medum and you're okay with the mix of day/night in one pack as opposed to individual day/night packs then I'd definitely recommend these over regular pads/tampons. They are the most comfortable sanitary products I've ever tried and I do like them a lot. The adorable packaging really cheered me up during my pms struggle. Little things, ya know? Plus they help the environment and help period poverty. Hopefully in future they can expand their range!


I really, really hope to see more in their range in future. Are you hearing me, Flo?

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.