Review: NYX Worth The Hype Mascara

25 April 2018


My make-up has to stand out, otherwise I feel like there's no point in me wearing it. Maybe that explains why I'm seriously hard to please when it comes to mascaras.

And it's to the point I've actually started choosing to wear upper falsies because I want long, volumised, fluttery lashes that I just can't get with mascara alone.


That's not to say I want to reject mascara completely. I'm definitely still open to wearing it alone if, for example, I'm in too much of a hurry to apply falsies and want to look 'put together'. I also still wear it on my lower lashes to give them definition.

If it doesn't volumise AND lengthen at the very least then forget it. Product that makes my lashes feel heavy, sticky or stiff is also a no-go. And give me a massive wand or go home. (That's right I said it)

NYX's 'Worth The Hype mascara intrigued me when I first saw it. The title itself provokes and tempts you into wanting to try it out. Which, I obviously did. Because here we are today with my perspective on this product. Ta da.



On intial application the weightlessness of the product really impressed me. It glided on to my lashes with ease and was buildable without being clumpy or heavy. The bristley brush distributes the formula evenly too so I didn't have to spend as much time combing through which I appreciated.


The wider end of the brush lifts the outer lashes really nicely whilst the narrow tip enables you to reach smaller, inner lashes. I can't guarantee you won't boop yourself with the wand though as I manage to do this every time I use mascara no matter how well shaped or sized the wand is. (That's what she said)

The volumising effect of this is what seriously impressed me. I couldn't help but notice how much it reminded me of Urban Decay's Perversion mascara so this is a great cheaper alternative at only £9.



The lasting power is impressive too. No noticeable flaking or smudging and my lashes looked as full and lifted at the end of the day as they did after application. Removal isn't too difficult either.

Consider me impressed with this one. I'll definitely repurchase!

Have you tried this mascara? Did you like it? Join me in the comments and let's discuss it!

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.