17 Blow Out Mascara Review [Blackest Black]

27 September 2012




How Much Is It?

Fairly cheap at £6.29


Where Can I Purchase It?

You can buy 17 at most Boots stores or http://www.boots.com


What Colour/s And Formulations Does It Come In?

Blackest Black, Black and Black/Brown. Currently I believe there is no waterproof formula for this mascara. (I could be wrong, sorry if I am!) This may change in time!


How Much Product Do You Get?

Each tube contains 12ml of product


What Does It Claim To Do?

It claims to give the lashes 12 X the volume.  The description of this product from the Boots website reads:

"Blow eyelashes out of all proportion with our full bodied 17 Blow Out Mascara. The densifying and conditioning formulation enriched with vitamin E and Argan Oil boosts lash body, then sets and holds for long lasting lift." - Boots Website

Packaging?


I purchased this mascara in 'Blackest Black'. 'Blackest Black' comes in a bright, chunky yellow tube whilst 'Black' and 'Black/Brown' come in a chunky black tube. The wand is ENORMOUS! DID YOU HEAR THAT? I SAID THE WAND IS MASSIVE. :D




















Scent?

To me this has no bothersome or noticeable scent, which I personally prefer. I do not enjoy make up products that have scents for the most part.

Pigmentation?

As stated before, I have only tried the 'Blackest Black' formula. In my personal opinion the pigmentation is fantastic. It has a rich, deep, dark black pigment to it and definitely lives up to its name! I personally really enjoy deep, dark blacks so this colour was perfect for me. See for yourself in the swatch below :)






Performance/Formula

Performance:

Warning: Here come the puns!! Lol!

IT BLEW MY MIND. I'm sorry for the random capitalisation but it really did 'blow' my lashes 'out' of proportion! (C wut I did thar! Hur hur!...Okay enough of the daft text speak!...)

The very first time I used this I was absolutely astonished. I did not expect it to be as good as it was. I have used 17 mascaras before but it has been a long time since I bought a new mascara from them. I admit I wasn't expecting much when I got this, I thought it would just be 'okay'. And I was wrong. Oh I was so, so wrong.

My lashes were left lengthened (I'm talking extreme heights here!), curled to the absolute EXTREMES, very volumised and crazy thick looking. Forgive my constant emphasis but I really feel this is a fantastic mascara.

The wand is enormous which might pose a problem for smaller eyes (or for reaching the corners of the eyes for some people) but personally didn't find it a problem at all. I can get on board with a big wand. Bahaha.


I look like I am wearing false eye lashes when I wear this and I LOVE IT SO MUCH! It's definitely not for the faint hearted who prefer their lashes more subtle, separated and dainty looking. This gives some serious depth to my lashes! It fast became one of my absolute favourite mascaras from the very first time I used it which to me is quite amazing. I do not normally 'love' a mascara from the very first use. I haven't stopped using this mascara since I bought it and I am definitely buying a back up or two! Yes, I really do love it THAT much. This, for me, truly beats the living daylights out of any other volumising mascara I have tried so far.

BOOM.





Formula
The formula is wet initially (not overly so) but it did not clump my lashes together at all. Far from it, the wand distributes the product evenly and I am left with gorgeously pumped up lashes! I adore it!!


What Is The Lasting Power Like?

Please remember that any product will last differently on individuals with different skin types.

For me, the lasting power was beyond amazing! It lasts ALL DAY LONG on me. I have worn this in different situations (as I always do when I am testing products for review!) - at college in the hot salon, at home doing nothing, shopping, exercising, etc - and it has stood up SO well. Lasted 10 hours plus on me easily with no flaking, crumbling, smudging or smearing.

Repurchase?

You.Bet.Your.Ass.I.Will. :D

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.