Maybelline Fit Me Concealers Review (Shade 10 and 15)

22 July 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Concealers (Shade 10 and 15) Review

[Top: Shade 10. Bottom: Shade 15]







What Product Is It?
This is a gel concealer product.



Price?
£5.99 at Superdrug. Prices may vary in other stores.


Shades

Maybelline's range of Fit Me concealers come in 6 shades. I own this concealer in shades 10 and 15, both of which are suitable for 'fair' skin types. Shade 10 is pink based and shade 15 is more yellow based. Since I have fair skin with slight warm undertones (I'm not extremely fair and I wouldn't say I fit a 'neutral' skin type though oddly enough!), I find I am able to use lighter pink and some light yellow based products.

Swatches:





Scent?

This product has no noticeable scent



Packaging?

The product comes in a tube with a doe foot wand.





Benefits?

Maybelline's Fit Me range boasts of having no waxes or fillers. If you have sensitivities to those kinds of ingredients this will be ideal for you. Their products in this range are tailored to blend into the skin without looking heavy so you get coverage with a more natural looking finish.



How Well Does It Function? (Coverage, Finish, etc)

When I swatched these concealers in the store I really liked the texture and finish of the formula. It feels very smooth as you blend and soft to the touch when you finish. That was what drew me into purchasing them.

I don't suffer with heavy eye bags or very dark circles. I personally only use concealer on myself to cover the slight darkness under my eyes, to cover redness and as a natural highlighter (if the concealer is light enough. This one isn't). They're buildable which means you can get fuller coverage by layering the product. However it is wise not to use too much of this product underneath the eyes as it does have a tendency to crease in this area. You can of course use a face/eye primer underneath this and set it with translucent powder to prevent this. I personally still found it creased if I used a little too much despite any precautions I took. Keep in mind that everyone has different skin that will react in a variety of ways so what might work for one person may not work for another.

This product didn't really work for me as a natural highlight as I felt it wasn't bright enough. But it functioned perfectly well to cover the slight darkness I have under my eyes and covers spots/redness quite well too. I imagine it would work very well for someone with dark circles and eye bags. The best part about this concealer is the soft finish. I love that there is no tackiness to this concealer once you have blended it into the skin. And the finish is really smooth and natural looking. It does not look heavy or cakey at all.

Overall I really like this concealer. It provides good coverage for any 'problematic' areas on the skin and the finish is lovely.

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.