Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal And Honey Shampoo Review

1 August 2013


What is it?

This is Tigi/Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey shampoo. Formulated for damaged hair.








Where Is It Sold?

You can buy Tigi/Catwalk products at most hair salons. You can also purchase them online. I buy mine from B+M. They come in a variety of sizes ranging from 350ml to 750ml.


Price?

Typically 750ml Tigi/Catwalk shampoos and conditioners start at the £20 mark. 350ml bottles are approximately £10. 

However, I purchase mine at B+M. I get a 750ml bottle that you see in my photos for just £9.99. It lasts me a few months at a time and I would spend this amount on multiple smaller bottles over the same period of time so it is well worth the price.


Scent? 

It has a GORGEOUS oatmeal and honey scent.


 

The honey is more prominent in the scent than the oatmeal. It's very light, not at all overwhelming. I do notice the scent of the honey on my hair after washing. I personally love this, it smells so good!






Packaging?

This comes in a pump style bottle. I love this kind of packaging because it allows for much better control when dispensing product. It also helps to avoid wasting product. The pump is attached to a cap that untwists so you can reach the product that tends to reside at the bottom of the bottle if necessary.









Benefits?

This shampoo contains vitamins A, B and E. All of these vitamins combined help to improve growth and overall condition of the hair. It is formulated for damaged hair particularly and helps to restore shine and strength to the hair.






How Well Does It Function?

Remember that different products will work in different ways for each person. I can only describe MY personal experiences with this product.
 
Just before I started using this product my hair was very damaged from continuous straightening. At that point I cut all of the damaged ends off and as I re-grew my hair I improved the way I treated it (I do multiple things to look after my hair. If you're interested in me dedicating a video and blog entry to my hair routine, please let me know!). My hair was doing fine as I used my regular shampoo and conditioner (Tresemmé). Then I spotted this shampoo in B+M and decided to give it a try. I knew Tigi/Catwalk products were great as my hairdressers had previously used them on my hair and I always loved the scent of them and how they left my hair feeling afterwards. So to see them at a more affordable price was obviously awesome. It also appealed to me because it has quite a number of vitamins in it and it smells SO yummy. Because I was improving the way I treated my hair this seemed very ideal.

After only a few washes I noticed a huge difference in my hair. The first thing I noticed was my hair wasn't shedding as much as it was before. This was undoubtedly down to the fact that I wasn't straightening my hair as much anymore (so less of it was breaking off during washing) first and foremost. However, I really think this shampoo contributed to my hair shedding less too. My hair feels much stronger as a result of using this shampoo.

It looks even better than it did previously. The shine has drastically improved and I still get compliments on the shine in my hair to this day.

The product itself lathers very well on to wet hair and a small amount goes a long way so a bottle of this will last you a generous amount of time. It distributes easily over the hair and isn't sticky. It didn't leave my hair feeling overly dried out either which I really liked as many other shampoos have a tendency to make my hair feel too dry. Though I look after my hair I find it can still be a little dry so I prefer products that put the moisture back into my hair. I definitely feel that this does that.  

Here is a photo of my hair for you to see what it looks like now :)





My hair is also very soft now. I don't doubt that not using heat tools as frequently has been a big contributor in the improvement of the condition of my hair. But in comparison to the condition of my hair when using my previous products (when I initially began improving how I treated my hair) to using this product I can definitely say there has been further improvement. 

I have been using this shampoo for quite some time now (way over 6 months) and I absolutely adore it. Nothing else I have tried so far as left my hair in such good condition as this. 

My hair naturally grows very fast but I also believe this shampoo has further improved my hair's natural growth process. My hair is now very long (almost waist length) and so healthy looking and feeling. 

Overall, I adore this shampoo and I will definitely be using it for a long time to come :)



All photos are taken and edited by myself :)

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.