❤ F.O.T.D (Face Of The Day) ❤

24 August 2013


Today's look is striking bold black eye liner with a vibrant white accent and  heavy black lashes combined with pale pink lips. It was done with a very special animal in mind. I lost my guinea pig Star a year ago today and so I did a make up look in her memory. One day I hope to get a star tattoo (my own original design) in her name, but until then, make up will have to do. She was predominantly black and white in colour (with the most adorable pink lips you've ever seen) and she had the most beautiful little personality. I'll always remember the wonderful time that I did get with her and hold her memory close to my heart forever. Miss you Starlett, shine bright. ★





I began by blending MUA's Eye Primer over the lids to prolong the wear of my eye make up and provide a more even base for application.





Next I used Seventeen's Back Lash Eyeliner on a very narrow brush to draw a thick 'wing'.




Using a narrow brush again I underlined the black wing with my NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk (mine is a well loved pencil as you can see!) and applied Look Beauty's eye shadow in Cotton over the top to enhance the vibrancy of the colour and increase staying power of the creme NYX Jumbo Pencil product.






 




I combined Black Out from the Urban Decay Naked Palette with Seventeen's Back Lash Eyeliner on a smudger brush and blended along my lower lash line. Combining gel product with powder increases vibrancy and allows for longer lasting results. 








Using a slanted narrow brush I took Chocolate (brown shade) from this Wet N Wild Duo and filled in my brows to frame my face.




I finished my eye make up with Seventeen's Back Lash Mascara, applied in layers whilst wet to create volume, length and striking deep black lashes. 




For my base I used MAC's Studio Sculpt foundation in NW15




 I skipped on blush today and so completed my look with Barry M's Lip Paint in 100
 




 ❤ The Completed Look ❤







Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.