LUSH Ocean Salt Facial Scrub Review

14 August 2013



Product?

LUSH Ocean Salt Facial Scrub - 120g











Price

 

The website lists £6.95 for a 100g tub or £12.95 for a 200g tub. I am unsure of the price of a 120g tub. I will try to include this information as soon as possible.


LUSH were kind enough to send me this scrub for free. (I was NOT paid by or asked by anyone at LUSH to do this review. I got the scrub for free as a result of having to return a product to LUSH.) I have already thanked them but once again - thank you so much LUSH!


 
Where Can I Purchase This?

You can buy LUSH products at your local LUSH store or online at http://www.lush.com (Choose your location on the page and then you can proceed to your location's LUSH website)




Benefits?
 


 
Image from http://www.lush.co.uk


To briefly sum up, this scrub will exfoliate your skin with coarse sea salt and moisturise it with avocado butter, extra virgin coconut oil, lanolin, seaweed absolute and leaf absolute.


You can visit LUSH website to view a full description of this product right here:

https://www.lush.co.uk/product/306/Ocean-Salt---100g


How Do I Use It?

LUSH recommends you wet your face with water and then apply the scrub (lightly massaging the scrub over the skin to ensure it exfoliates properly) to your face. You can only apply this to dryer areas if you wish. I like to use it all over my face. Rinse off the scrub with water and pat your face dry with a clean towel.





Your skin type will determine how often you should use exfoliating facial scrubs. Generally go for once or twice a week. 


As with all scrubs, practice extra caution when using it on sensitive skin as the coarse sea salt may be a little too rough for some people with that skin type.

I personally alternate the way I apply this scrub. Sometimes I like to apply the scrub to dry skin but if my skin is broken out or a bit dryer than normal I will wet my skin with water first and then apply the scrub. It applies and works wonderfully for me both ways.

The reason I sometimes apply it to dry skin is because scrubs can sometimes be a little more effective when they are applied to dry skin.


How Well Does It Work?

I have dry skin with minor oiliness and I adore this scrub. It smells and feels as fresh as Ocean air. It has an awakening, invigorating, lively, fresh scent.

Not your typical sweet scent, not flowery or fruity. If you're looking for something with a delicate or sweeter scent then maybe skip over this. Although I do hold a strong preference for sweeter scents and I still love this scrub!

It applies easily and removes dry flaky skin without causing me any irritation. It leaves my skin feeling SO smooth and SO SOFT after use.



The softness of Michelle's skin after using LUSH'S Ocean Salt Facial Scrub wasn't a bare faced lie. ;)

 


The sea salt in this is quite thick and gritty, as is the texture of this scrub overall. It is not finely milled so if you prefer facial scrubs with a smooth texture, you may not want to choose this particular one.


I hadn't tried this scrub before LUSH sent it to me but I'm a firm fan now and I'll be repurchasing it like there's no tomorrow!

LOVE IT!

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.