Collection Cosmetics Gothic Glam Nail Polish Review (Deadly)

6 October 2013


Product?

Collection Cosmetics (Formally Collection 2000) Gothic Glam Nail Polish in Deadly

 



Price?
These are approximately £3 depending on where you purchase them.

 
Where Is It Sold?
 
You can buy Collection Cosmetics at most Boots and Superdrug stores


 
Packaging?

You get 12ml of product within a sturdy glass bottle. I had no problems with the general functionality of the packaging. The brush is good quality and doesn't fray, there were no issues with closing the bottle after opening, etc.








 






























Scent?
No noticeable scent outside of the usual 'nail polish' type scent


 
Functionality?

As with most nail polishes it's best to apply more than one coat of this for longer lasting and more opaque results. However, as I have stated many times, I am quite lazy with my nails and I change my nail polish very frequently so I often do not bother applying more than two coats at the most. I also do not apply a base coat or a top coat. Applying each of these will again prolong the lasting power of your manicure.

When I saw this in Collection Cosmetics' new Gothic Glam Collection I was absolutely stoked to try it. They showed their model wearing this nail polish in the photo advertising the collection and I was immediately drawn to it. It looked absolutely gorgeous in the photo and when I purchased it I hoped that it wouldn't disappoint. Often nail polishes with glitter can lack decent pigment and then the only way I feel I am able to use them is over other plain nail polishes. Sometimes I just don't have time to wait for multiple coats of nail polish to dry or sometimes I just don't want to wear more than one shade or type of polish. I feel disappointed when I buy a polish that has glitter in it (but isn't necessarily a 'glitter polish') and then I'm not able to wear it as often as I'd like.

But happily this did not disappoint at all. This is quite opaque after only one coat and the colour is just GORGEOUS. What you see in the bottle is what you get on your nails. I recommend two coats for maximum coverage. It's a deep black-gold hybrid with flecks of gold glitter running through it. The glitter is extremely fine and mixed into the polish extremely well. There's no grittiness or chunkiness. Once dry the polish feels smooth on the nail.





I wore this polish for only two days as I change my polish frequently but I definitely believe it would have lasted at least three or four days on me if I hadn't removed it and if I had applied more than one coat. Keep in mind I use my hands frequently for every day tasks and I'm frequently washing them, etc due to the nature of what I do in life so if I had used a base and top coat I imagine it would have lasted even longer again.

The formula itself is easy enough to work with and applies evenly. Though the larger brush may prove a little difficult to use for those with smaller nails like myself. It can be a little troublesome as the brush is quite generous in size but all that aside this is a great nail polish and it's completely worth it.


I actually love this so much I want it in other shades and I am hoping to buy a back up of this colour. I am unsure if this collection is limited edition but I would seriously grab this if you can, it is just gorgeous.



Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.