Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints Review (8 Shades!)

18 April 2014

IHi everyone!

Hope you are having a great April! 

As promised in one of my videos on my channel (which you can visit by clicking the youtube icon on the right hand side of the page) I have a review for you today of the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paints.
 

I own 8 shades in total.Though there are more shades. Most of which can be found at larger Superdrug stores.





Price

These retail for around £3.99 each. Often you can get them on offer from Superdrug so it's worth taking a look around and seeing if they're on offer. I got most of these on offer (2 for £6).




★ Scent
 
These have no noticeable scent outside of the normal 'nail polish scent'.


★ Formula; Consistency, Application, Colour Pay Off, Lasting Power and Removal.

The consistency of these is quite thin and buildable. Because the formula is liquid-y you will need to apply at least two coats for maximum opacity (colour pay off). The lighter shades tend to look quite streaky upon applying the first coat but after applying a second coat the streakiness disappears. The darker shades are much less streaky even on applying just one coat. This is likely because streaks are less noticable on darker nail polishes but I inspected these closely and only saw a subtle amount of streaking with some of the darker shades. Most of the darker shades did not even show subtle streaks. 


The formula is easy to apply. The brush is small and fits the size of most nails nicely. 

I had no problems regardless of my nail length. 

 

I advise not applying too much at once because this can highly increase the
drying time. These do take some time to dry so you need to set aside time and patience for when you'd like to use them. I can not provide an accurate drying time because it depends on many factors like how much polish you apply, the condition of your nails and the temperature around you. Generally I'd say at least twenty minutes for two coats.

As the name states, these are a gel formula making them a little longer lasting than regular nail polishes. I have stated before multiple times that I do not wear a base coat or top coat when I paint my nails. Mostly because I'm too lazy and I like to change my nail polish frequently so I normally keep my nails one colour for only one or two days at a time when I decide to wear nail polish. 

 

 


However with a base coat and top coat I imagine these would last at least 5 or 6 days. They hold up very well. I frequently wash my hands (I own guinea pigs so I need to wash my hands when cleaning their pen and I also do a lot of dishes by hand. I also wash my hands a lot with being a make up artist and working with messy products) so my hands definitely go through the rough. Even without a base/top coat I found these lasted at least 4 day on my nails before signs of chipping.


I had no problems removing these nail paints. They remove well with a good nail polish remover.

I have provided 'swatch' or demo photos of each of the shades I own so you can get an idea of what the colours look like.

All the 'swatch'/demo photos are taken in natural daylight to ensure the photos portray each colour as accurately as possible. Also I apologise for the state of my nails. As I said, my hands do go through the rough and they suffer during the change in seasons so I've got a lot of sore/dry skin happening. I'm currently treating this with a good hand cream!










Overall I adore these gel nail paints! They come in so many gorgeous colours and they last a good amount of time. And they're cheap! Yay!

All photos taken and edited by myself.

2 comments

  1. i would really like to try some barry m gelly nail paints, just no idea which colour to get.. nice post :)

    http://daisychainprincess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. @BessOates They have soooo many colours it is a little difficult choosing just one, lol. But I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.