Review: NYX Total Control Drop Foundation

21 February 2018





Image: nyx.co.uk



You know those times you're at your boyfriend's place and supposed to be going out for a nice meal that night but a few hours prior to going you realise you forgot your foundation and have to go to Boots to buy one?

That's the story of how I ended up buying this foundation. #reallife


My intention was to find something inexpensive because this was an extremely impromptu purchase that I was mad at myself for having to make.

I picked up Alabaster, the second lightest amongst their impressive range of 24 shades.

I heard about this foundation when it first came out and I was insanely curious about it. Then I read some bad reviews that put me off. Some said the coverage wasn't good and that it left a shiny residue. I wasn't about that kind of life being a matte-full-coverage loving kinda gal.

After reading the NYX display detailing an adjustable coverage and a matte finish, I decided to just give it a shot. My expectations were not high in the slightest but I needed something fast for my special night out.

You get 13ml of product for £14 in a glass bottle with a convenient dropper. Not only is this hygienic but it means more control on how much product you're using. Just be careful - the formula is very runny so best to drop it on to your applicator and apply it from there rather than risk it running off your hand and on to your clothes.


This worked best for me applied with a beauty blender sponge or dome foundation brush.


I got full coverage with a lovely smooth matte finish. Wasn't expecting that.


I was very impressed with how well it wore throughout the night and how lightweight it felt.

Overall, I think this is a great drugstore foundation. And a great lesson learned in not allowing others' opinions on products to completely put me off, too!


What's your favourite foundation and how did you end up buying it? Tell me in the comments.







*Not sponsored

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.