Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation - Review

29 November 2013



Product

 
Max Factor Whipped Creme Foundation







[From the Max Factor Website]
  • Perfect for creating an on-trend demi-matte look
  • Hydrated with glycerine and water so it glides over skin.
  • Won’t clog pores.
  • Oil-free and fragrance-free. Suitable for sensitive skin.



Price
 

£9.99 from Superdrug. Price may vary depending on where you purchase this.

 

Where Can I Purchase This Product?

Superdrug, Boots and most supermarkets. You can also purchase this online.

 

Shades
 
This comes in 6 shades. Light Ivory (40), Warm Almond (45), Natural (50), Beige (55), Golden (75) and Bronze (80).




 

[ Swatch Photo - Light Ivory #40 ]





Packaging

This comes in a very sturdy glass pot. I am quite clumsy with my make up and this survived many a fall on to hard flooring!

However, despite how great it is that this is so sturdy personally I am still not a huge fan of this type of packaging. I find it to be quite unhygienic (unless you use a small spatula to extract the product which is a slightly fussy job in itself) and would have preferred either a nozzle tube or pump bottle.


Scent

There is a slight scent to this product but it is not overwhelming and hardly 
noticeable. I personally approve of this very much because I HATE scented make up.

Functionality (Shade Match, Application, Finish, Coverage, Lasting Power)

 


❆ Shade Match

I bought this in the shade Light Ivory (40) and I found this to be an almost perfect match for my fair skin.


❆ Application

I applied this using a brush and clean fingers. It applied most efficiently when I used my fingers. The website (linked above) recommends applying with a foundation brush. Whilst this does work well with various types of foundation brushes (flat, stippling, etc) I personally achieved best results (the most coverage, most even application, etc) using clean fingers. You can of course also apply this using a cosmetic sponge (I recommend any type of specific beauty sponge rather than a generic wedge sponge as the wedge sponges tend to soak up more product than most and don't provide as good an application in my experience/opinion. If they work for you then great!), it works fairly well when applied this way too.


Formula

The creme formula glides on smoothly and blends easily over the skin. The formula is moisture-rich which makes it a little 'slidey' so it is best to blend thoroughly and set with translucent powder to prevent it from looking 'cakey' or sliding into dry patches/fine lines.


The formula has plenty of plus points, though. Not only is it moisturising but it won't clog pores. It did not break my skin out at all which was wonderful as I often have this problem with foundations. It is also oil and fragrance-free. I especially support the latter because I detest foundations with added fragrance. I don't like my face make up to have a scent because often the types of fragrances added make me queasy or break me out horribly.


❆ Finish

Max Factor state that this provides a 'demi matte' finish. Definitely true. This means the finish is somewhere in between Matte (flat) and Dewy (shiny). If you dislike the dewy finish it is easily rectified with some translucent setting powder.


This leaves a soft feeling to the skin, it isn't sticky/tacky at all.

❆ Coverage

Provided me with medium to full coverage. I suffer from hormonal breakouts during 'that time of the month' and have slight amounts of natural redness in my skin, this covered both of these 'problems' very nicely. I do not suffer with bad dark circles but I imagine this would cover those well.

On my oilier skin days (see 'lasting power' section for more information) I noticed I would need to use a setting powder to mattify my skin or else it would look quite dewy. If you're a fan of dewy-looking skin I'm sure you won't mind this but personally I prefer a less dewy finish.


❆ Lasting Power

I have dry skin but around and during that 'time of the month' my skin begins to become a little oilier and I start to break out. Keep in mind that the oiliness I suffer with is fairly minor and my break outs are mild.

I found that on my 'dry skin days' this would last nearly the entire day (around 10 hours). On my 'oily skin days' it would last about 8 hours.

I wore this during many activities ranging from doing nothing at home to running around in college in a fairly hot room and this foundation stayed put fairly well.





[Demo photo wearing this foundation. Photo taken in daylight. From a previous FOTD entry :)]


Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM

© Luna Light ☾. Design by FCD.